Dx Cluster software - The Next Generation
This software was written to overcome the shortcomings of the other Dx Cluster packages. These shortcomings include user lockouts, instability, incorrect filtering, unfixed bugs, out of date data, slow response and many other items.
- Written in Visual Basic
- Runs under 32 bit Windows OS. Suggested OS at least Win2K or WinXP.
- Designed to never need to be shutdown.
- The program .exe as well as other cluster data files can be updated without even disconnecting the users.
- Requires no periodic maintenance to maintain performance. Its always at 100%. No more shutting down the cluster to purge and compact databases.
- Fast! Really Fast! No more slowdowns during contests. By far the fastest cluster package.
- Compatible with existing client software
- Does not have looping problems with PC16/17/19/21 etc.
- Does not disconnect own users due to incorrect backbone data.
- Uses "broadcast" talks to cut down on unnecessary announce/fulls.
- You can filter Dx Spots, Announcements and Wx spots by country and state/province.
- Filters can be set per band. You can have different filtering for 6 meters and HF for example.
- You can lookup these Dx Spots, Announcements and Wx spots using the same filtering.
- The filtering actually works the way it is supposed to work. By that I mean when you set the spotter country to only pass "GI" you will not see spots from Italians.
- Dx Spots give the Country, State/Province, CQ Zone, and ITU Zone for the spotter as well as the dx. Many spots have grid squares as well. Wrong data from other clusters is discarded. The country/state/province/zone/grid determination is done locally.
- Using the command DXTest you can enter test spots to check out your system. This spots are not sent to anyone except you. No limitation on spot calls or frequencies etc.
- No limitations on the number of users.
- Portable callsigns can connect without problems.
- Spots with an incoming hops count of H1 will not prevent identical spots with higher hop counts which arrive fractions of a second later from being sent out to connected nodes.
- Spots with blank callsigns for dx stations will not be sent out.
- Spots that are identical except for a frequency variation of 0.1 KHz will not be sent out.
Currently in use by 25 clusters.